Hello, ambitious ‘to be’ engineer! Do you want to know more about GATE?
You would know the authentic essence of how GATE is making a significant difference in the life of an engineer with us. GATE examination is a process that helps reputed organizations like IIT’s, NIT’s, PSU’s and multiple private engineering colleges choose students from across the country to launch aspiring engineers.
Plot no 499, main road, beside sbi atm, Smriti Nagar, Chhattisgarh 490023
GATE scores enable students open the door to take admission in various prestigious PG programmes in IITs and IISc. Not only that, GATE scores also help to get good PSU jobs.
• GATE Exam is helpful for taking part in different Fellowship programme, like research centres. This Fellowship Programmes provides stipend ranging between 35,000 to 40,000 per month.
• GATE Exam score is also helpful if students want to take an admission in Foreign Universities like, Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), National University of Singapore (Singapore), Technical University of Munich (Germany) and Aachen University (Germany) etc.
• Students who seek to work with MNCs can also appear for GATE exam so that, score of the exam helps them to get a job in well-known MNCs.
It is important to check before starting an application for GATE exam whether candidates meet the eligibility criteria or not. Every Year few modifications in eligibility criteria take place.
• As per the new criteria, the minimum qualification required for candidates is 10+2+3.
• Previous candidates could apply for only 1 subject/paper. However, this year onwards candidates can opt for 2 subjects/papers from the prescribed form of combinations.
• There is no minimum or maximum age limit for appearing in the GATE Exam.
• Foreign students from Nepal, Bangladesh, Shri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (UAE) along with Indian Students can also appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
• Candidates passed/ appearing Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Commerce or Post Graduation in relevant discipline are now also considered as eligible applicants
• There is no minimum percentage required to appear for the Exam.
Similarly, there is no prescribed attempt limit, candidates who matches all the eligibility criteria can apply for the same.
(Know Detailed Eligibility Criteria Here.
GATE Eligibility Criteria for International Students
International Candidates who are appearing for GATE 2022, should match following criteria:
• Must have completed or in the final year or in the pre-final year of their bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology or;
• Must have completed or in the final year or in the pre-final year of their Post Graduate degree in any relevant science subject
• Required Documents:
• If a candidate has already passed (in 2021 or earlier) one of the qualifying examinations mentioned above, they have to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate issued by the institute.
• If the candidate is in the final year of any of the qualifying examinations mentioned above, then they have to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute.
GATE admission process starts from filling the application form to participate in counselling process. In between this, candidates are required to fulfil other criteria. Candidates should have idea about Gate Admission process which is as follow:
1. Filling GATE 2022 Application Form: First step is to fill Application form for GATE 2022. Those who are appearing for GATE Exam, first required to register themselves for exam. Candidates can fill the application form from the official website.
2. Download GATE 2022 Admit Card: After registration, candidates are required to download their Admit Card. However, Admit Card release date is yet to be announced.
3. Appear for GATE Exam 2022: As per the subject chosen, candidates have to appear in the exam. GATE 2022 schedule for the exam will be released along with the brochure for the exam.
4. GATE 2022 result declaration: IIT Bombay will announce the GATE 2022 result in the month of March. The result will comprise candidates’ marks, normalised score and rank.
5. Participate in GATE 2022 counselling process: The counselling will be conducted for the candidates to choose the college and branch of their choice.
How to fill GATE Application Form?
GATE 2022 application form will be released in September, 2021. Candidates who wish to take admission in IITs/IISc or other institute can register themselves by filling GATE 2022 application form.
Gate Exam | Paper Pattern for Gate 2022
3 hours (180 minutes)
Number of Subjects (Papers)
Number of Questions
65 No. of Questions of Maximum 100 Marks.
There will be three question types:
Number of sections
GATE 2022 question paper will comprise of total 3 sections except for AR, CY, GG, EY, XL, PH and MA papers : 1) General Aptitude (GA) 2) Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry) 3) Subject – Specific section
General Aptitude Section
The GATE paper will also consist of a compulsory General Aptitude (GA) section constituting of 10 questions.
Therefore, the total marks for this section will be 15 marks.
MCQs carrying 1 mark each– 1/3 mark will be cut for every wrong answer. MCQs carrying 2 marks – 2/3 mark will be cut for every incorrect response. * There is no negative marking for Multiple Select Question (MSQ) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
Candidates must check important date schedule for GATE Exam 2022 so as to get themselves updated with important updates and notifications regarding GATE Exam:
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens
14th September, 2021
Closing of submission of application form
30th September 2021
Last Date of Extended period for Online Registration Application
7th October, 2021
Last date for requesting a change of examination city (an additional
13th November 2021
Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing)
8th January 2022
GATE 2022 Examination
5 th February, 2022
Announcement of Result
22nd March 2022
GATE Results announced in 3rd week of March, on the official websites of GOPAS. Candidates who appeared for the exam can check the result online on this website. The candidates who have qualified in the GATE Exam, have an access of downloading score-card. This score-card is valid for only three years from the date of result declaration.
GATE Score Card consist of following details mentioned on it:
• Candidate’s Name
• Registration Number of the Candidate
• GATE Question Paper and Paper Code
• Candidate’s obtained GATE Score
• GATE Cut-off Marks
• Candidate’s Photograph and Signature
• GATE Result along with GATE Score Card
• GATE Score (on a scale of 1000)
• GATE Marks (Out of 100)
• Qualifying marks for General/OBC/SC/ST/PwD Categories
• Number of candidates appeared in GATE Examination
Both Marks as well as GATE score is released because…
• Marks tells the candidates about his performance in his question paper
• GATE Score is generalized score across different sets of question papers. Example, Because of the huge number of GATE Aspirants, Mechanical Engineering (ME) GATE Paper is divided into 3-4 time slots of students each of which get different sets of question papers. Since the difficulty level might vary across different set of questions, the organizing body releases GATE score to compare the students in different time slots with different papers.
How to download GATE Result/Score Card?
• Visit the official website then go to the results page and click on GATE Result.
• By clicking there, GOAPS portal for GATE would appear.
• Fill in the login details on the portal. Click on the submit tab.
• GOAPS candidate dashboard for GATE would open.
• Click on the results section.
• Your GATE Result will be displayed on the screen.
Not just physical coaching, but Engineer’s Circle offers recorded videos by faculties from IITs & IISc to help them understand engineering concepts and solve GATE problems more efficiently.
Engineers Circle provides excellent GATE study materials. Each one comprises theory, assignment problems and previous year GATE questions with content from experienced graduates.
Go through mock GATE test series online with subject wise, chapter wise, and online mock tests. Examine your strengths & weaknesses to improve your performance in the GATE exam.
We help our students to get exposed to direct knowledge of expert’s experience from top industries beneficial & informative for engineering students to focus on a career goal.
Choose the best place for your potential with an opportunity to learn anything anytime.
Not just physical coaching, but ICEGATE offers recorded videos by faculties from IITs & IISc to help them understand engineering concepts and solve GATE problems in an easier way.
More than being a mere coaching centre for GATE, we are a GATE knowledge centre that also students make the best use of their scores in the exam.
GATE is an all India competitive examination for Engineers from diverse backgrounds directed and conducted jointly by the IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs.
IES are the civil services that see after the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India.
PSU is a Government-owned corporation in which Central or State Government have more than 51% share.
ENGINEERING CIRCLE efficiently manages data associated with tutoring classes. This user friendly app packs online attendance, fees portal, assignments, submission, performance report, and more exciting features. Supported by students, parents, and teachers.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an All-India Examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).