The GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), an all India entrance exam, is conducted to test the candidate’s comprehensive knowledge in various UG subjects such as Engineering/Technology/Architecture and PG subjects in Science.
The application form for the GATE 2022 will be released in the second week of September. The GATE application process 2022 will be completely online and available through the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The Online application process includes:
- Registration for GATE 2022
- Uploading the supporting documents
- Candidates recent photograph and signature
Are you worried about how to apply or register for the GATE Exams?
Worry not, Engineer’s Circle, India’s leading GATE coaching institute is sharing the detailed step by step procedure on filling the GATE 2022 form below during this article.
GATE 2021- 2022 Form Dates
|Release of GATE notification
|First week of August 2021
|Commencement of GATE 2022 registration through GOAPS
|Second week of September 2021
|Last date to submit GATE application form 2022
|First week of October 2021
|Last date for submission of application form (by registered candidates) with additional late fee of Rs. 500
|Second week of October 2021
|Last date of intimation to Registered Candidates after Scrutiny
|Last week of October 2021
|Availability correction facility for GATE application form
|Last week of October 2021
|Candidates can change GATE exam paper on
|Second week of November 2021
|GATE 2022 Exam Date
|First and Second Saturday and Sunday of February 2022
Step by Step Process to use for GATE 2022
Aspirants can refer to the given steps and understand how to fill GATE form 2022 appropriately without making common mistakes that many applicants generally make.
To apply for GATE 2022, candidates will need to follow specific steps to finish the whole process systematically and adequately. The registration process for GATE 2022 includes the subsequent stages:
- GOAPS Password, GOAPS Enrolment ID
- Application Filling
- Uploading Images and Documents
- Online Fee Payment, etc
Step1: Registration through GOAPS
For registrations, visit GATE’s official website.
- Register as “New User,” proceed as mentioned within the guide.
- After successful registration, you’ll get access to GOAPS with the credentials you entered, like name, email ID and contact number.
- International candidates, please note that any contact with the candidate is done only through the provided email ID.
Note: The email ID and phone number submitted must be valid because all communication associated with the examination will be sent on this medium.
The applicants must note that they should generate the password, which can’t be guessed easily.
- Applicants should avoid using their name, date of birth or easily guessable string of alphabets or numbers.
- Create a password that includes numbers, alphabets and special characters.
- Confirm the registration.
GOAPS Enrolment ID:
After the successful registration, you will receive an email that contains the GOAPS Enrolment ID.
The Enrolment ID is essential to log in for filling the online form for GATE 2022.
Step 2: Filling GATE 2021 Application Process:
- Next, applicants had to fill the appliance sort of GATE 2022 with Personal information, including Name, Date of Birth and other requisite details,
- Click on the ‘Start the GATE 2022 Application Process.’
- Fill Personal Details: Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Category, an individual with Disability Status and Dyslexia Status, Country of Permanent Residence, State/Union Territory, Select ID Proof and Enter ID Proof Number, Name of Parent/Guardian (stick to the specifications), Country of Residence of Parent/Guardian, Mobile Number of Parent/Guardian etc.
Address details for communication purposes (PIN code is mandatory)
- Eligibility details such as last education details: Name of the school where the candidate had completed UG degree. You must also specify the address of the school with the PIN code.
Before filling the form, you must have clarity on the GATE paper and examination centre.
Step 3: Uploading of Scanned Documents:
In this step, you need to upload your scanned recent photograph, signature, and other documents (if required), as the exam conducting authorities mentioned.
- High quality scanned images mostly in JPEG format (photograph, signature, degree certificates/ mark sheets).
- Thumb impression as per the requirements.
- Scanned copy of category certificate (only if applicable in PDF format).
Step 4: Preview of Application Form:
- Before proceeding with online fee payment, the server will show the GATE 2022 form preview.
- Once you click on the ‘Confirm and Final Submit’ button, no changes will be allowed.
- All applicants are advised to see their submitted information for any mistakes thoroughly.
- Click on “Confirm and Submit”.
Step 5: Payment of Fees:
- The payment of fees has to be done online, like net banking/debit card/credit card.
- After the payment is made, the candidates are going to be redirected to the GOAPS website.
- The details for the appliance fee are given below.
Note: the appliance fee of GATE 2022 varies for Indian nationals and International candidates.
If you still have any queries, you can contact us on (website link or phone number)