GATE 2021 counselling process is conducted to supply admissions to candidates qualified for the GATE 2021 entrance examination with the minimum qualifying marks.
Candidates who qualify for GATE need to apply to COAP for IIT M.Tech admission and CCMT for NIT M.Tech admission. Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) and Centralised Counselling for M.Tech/ M.Des (CCMT) conducts the GATE 2021 counselling.
Candidates will need to separately apply for COAP and CCMT counselling to urge admission to the participating institutes. It must be noted that COAP is conducted for admission to IITs while CCMT counselling is conducted for admission to NITs, IIITs, and GFITs.
For IITs, candidates will need to apply to individual institutes where admission is desired and register at COAP. Also, state and private universities conduct their counselling supported GATE scores.
Let’s understand more about GATE counselling 2021, COAP and CCMT.
COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal):
COAP will conduct counselling for admission to MTech courses offered by IITs. The authority has announced COAP 2021 counselling dates (tentative). Candidates can check the whole tentative schedule within the article below.
CCMT (Centralised Counselling for MTech):
CCMT will conduct counselling for admission to MTech programmes offered by leading NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, and CFTIs.
Note: State and private universities conduct their counselling supported GATE scores.
GATE Counselling 2021 Dates (Tentative)
Applicants aspiring for admission to IITs and other institutes can check the tentative schedule of COAP below:
Tentative Schedule of Main Rounds
Applicants who have qualified GATE can check the tentative schedule of main rounds below:
GATE 2021 CCMT Counselling Dates (Tentative)
|Online registration, fee payment & online choice filling||1st week of May 2021|
|Online choice locking||1st week of June 2021|
|Automatic locking of saved choices||2nd week of June 2021|
|Publication of round-1 seat allotment||3rd week of June 2021|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee, document uploading and specifying willingness||3rd week of June 2021|
|Online document verification by officers of the allotted institute||3rd week of June 2021|
|Online change of willingness/withdrawal||3rd week of June 2021|
|Publication of round-2 seat allotment||1st week of July 2021|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee, document uploading and specifying willingness||1st week of July 2021|
|Online document verification by officers of the allotted institute||1st week of July 2021|
|Online change of willingness/withdrawal||2nd week of July 2021|
|Publication of round-3 seat allotment||3rd week of July 2021|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee and document uploading||4th week of July 2021|
|Online document verification by officers of the finally allotted institute for candidates who have been allotted seat first time or whose allotted institute has been changed||4th week of July 2021|
|Online admission in the finally allotted institute by depositing the balance fee online by candidates of all rounds||4th week of July 2021|
|Online withdrawal from the admitted institute||1st week of August 2021|
GATE Counselling – Key Highlights of COAP
- Candidates need to register for COAP 2021 and, therefore, the participating institutes of their choice separately.
- No registration fee must be purchased COAP registration
- GATE counselling via COAP will have multiple rounds
- COAP extends various offers to the candidates depending upon their GATE scores in every round
- Other than PG admission, COAP may be a platform for providing PSU job offerings supported GATE scores
GATE Counselling – Registration Process of COAP 2021
During COAP registration 2021, candidates entered some basic details associated with the GATE exam they sat for. COAP registration is free for the candidates. However, they’re required to pay registration fees to use to different participating institutes.
The steps to be followed to register for COAP are as follows:
1st Step – Visit the official website of COAP
2nd Step – Click on the text reading ‘Registration Link.’
3rd Step – Enter the following details in specified boxes:
- GATE license number
- GATE paper code
- The score obtained in GATE
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
4th Step – Click on the ‘Validate’ button
5th Step – Enter the captcha code as appearing within the image
6th Step – Click on the ‘Submit to Register’ button
Documents Required for Counselling:
Students are going to be required to bring the subsequent documents for the document verification process during reporting at RC:
- Provisional seat allotment letter.
- Self-Attested Copy of GATE Score Card (2019 or 2020 or 2021)
- Photo ID proof
- Original certificate issued by competent authority/Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
- Class 12 marks sheet
- Marks sheet of qualifying examination (all semesters)
- Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Three Passport size coloured photograph
- Seat acceptance fee proof
- Printout of the Registration form & locked choices
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Original Conduct Certificate from the top of the institution last attended.
- An original Course completion certificate from the top of the University/Institute just in case the result is awaited
- One set of self-attested photocopies of all the first documents